Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Six Days Left and Counting

We now have six days left prior to starting our grand new adventure. Wow! I'm not sure where to begin. Tim and I have just returned from visiting his family up North. We had a blast. He even let me buy a new skirt (who would have ever thought that I would be excited about buying a skirt)! Tim got a couple of games of golf in this past week too. He and I teamed up one afternoon against his dad and Erik. Well I'm not one to brag, but we did beat them like they were red headed stepkids ;) I think the final score was 86 to 99 (OUCH)! --Tim says "Boom...Boom...FIREPOWER!" We have been struggling to convert our movies over to iPod form. How many freaking audio tracks does one DVD need; just so you know Mr. & Mrs. Smith has six.



Well to highlight our going aways parties in one word--AWESOME! The party up in Dixon was a lot of fun. There were a lot of people who showed up. Mary Coleman even stopped by and talk with us. She gave us a lot of valuable knowledge about Leslie and Ryan's PC time. Grandpa really loved those baked beans and he let everyone know it twice or even three times. The party down in Monmouth was well...hmm... a lot of chaos. I believe Em said it best, she's never been to a party like that before. She even ask my mom to invite her to more family parties. Oh my, I wonder what she would think if it wasn't such a tame party for the Turnquists at least. I'm not sure what the best part of the night was: Randy and Caleb's ATV mudding adventure or some of the interesting conversations people had.



We still have a lot of stuff to do prior to Sunday. We are going to have to organize all of our stuff into piles and run through the list of items (thanks Ryan & Leslie). We will of course have that last minute shopping trip to Peoria to get those final items. I still need to defer my loans. We both still need to do a little work on Rosetta Stone. --A word to anyone thinking of getting this program, DON'T. Becky's thoughts: worthless unless you don't mind not knowing exactly what you are saying. Tim's thoughts: It would be better to spend the money on "Language " For Dummies and a game of charades so that you have at least some practice at what you are going to be doing in BF.

Tim's things left to do go golfing, copy DVDs, go golfing, eat at the Packinghouse, go golfing, go out with Randy and Jannie, go golfing with Randy, win back the money from Jim and Randy from golfing by golfing more. Possibly spend some time with Becky and Desi golfing. :) Yep I need to golf more.

Until next time

Becky and Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys! If I don't talk to you before then...Best of luck! I know you'll have an awesome time and be great teachers. Don't worry about the french, just by a whiteboard and try the "pictionary" approach! =)
    Bring me back an elephant!!

    =) Sarah

    ReplyDelete